United Way of Chatham County is teaming up with United Way of Greater Triangle to help distribute thousands of brand new free books to educators and providers serving children in need across the triangle area. Books for all age groups (infant-18 years) have been provided by First Book for distribution in Durham, Orange, Wake, Johnston and Chatham Counties.
Distribution will take place during National Volunteer Week 2017 (April 24-28) to those registered by March 15. Each organization is not limited to one registration – all individuals (teachers, care providers, etc.) who have a need are encouraged to register. Each registrant can expect to receive up to 25 books (class set).
All educators working in the below programs are encouraged to sign up with First Book today to get new books through this distribution.
• Head Start
• Title I or Title I eligible School
• USDA Food and Nutrition Program
• Federally Qualified Health Center
• Title VII recipient
• Military family support program
• Library with an E-rate of 90
• A program primarily serving children with disabilities
• A program where at least 70% of children come from low-income families.
*YOU MUST BE REGISTERED BY March 15 TO QUALIFY FOR THIS DISTRIBUTION.*
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
1. Sign up online with First Book by March 15 at http://www.firstbook.org/uwtriangle. Signing up is free and takes only minutes to complete.
2. Keep an eye on your email. In early April, First Book will send information via email with details on how and where to receive free books for your kids.
3. Help spread the word! If you know other teachers, program coordinators or community leaders serving kids in need anywhere around the Triangle area, please pass this email on and encourage them to sign up as well.
Sign up today and open the doors to a brighter future for the children you serve.