United Way of Chatham County
PO Box 1066
Pittsboro, NC 27312
Position: Outreach Coordinator
Hours: 40 Hours Per Week, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Salary: Salary $31,000-$35,000 with Competitive Benefits Package
Send resume and letter of interest to United Way of Chatham County, PO Box 1066, Pittsboro, NC, 27312 or Katie@UnitedWayofChathamCounty.org. Open until filled.
General Job Description: This position reports to the Executive Director and will oversee the implementation of outreach strategies. The Outreach Coordinator is primarily responsible for the fundraising, donor relations, and communication for the organization; and is charged with implementing strategies for continued growth and sustainability. The Outreach Coordinator is responsible for fostering and maintaining positive relations with United Way current and future development stakeholders. Excellent customer service and organizational skills should be complemented by an outgoing, upbeat style and an interest in working in the nonprofit field.
- Experience working in a professional office.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and especially Excel.
- Knowledge of WordPress and Canva preferred, but not required.
- Strong knowledge of social media and other basic marketing platforms.
- Preferred experience of 2-4 years within non-profit development or outreach activities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and have strong interpersonal skills to work with diverse groups of people.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize.
- Must be transparent, ethical and possess high integrity leadership skills.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to occasionally lift 15-20 pounds up and down stairs.
- Must have own transportation and valid driver’s license. Some business travel within Chatham County is required.
- Public speaking skills and experience required.
Specific Duties: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and overseeing annual communication plan and fundraising plan to meet organizational priorities.
- Actively managing portfolio of donors and prospects.
- Assisting with fundraising activities including special events (Campaign Kick-Off and Back to School Supply Drive), presentations, direct mail solicitations and business/corporate partnerships. Duties includes research, prospecting, pursuing multiple donor sources and reporting.
- Cultivating relationships with current and prospective funders and supporters, especially individual donors.
- Maintaining a calendar of outreach activities; including community events, workshops, appearances and other communication opportunities.
- Overseeing the maintenance and expansion of the organization’s communication database of supporters. Use donor information to analyze trends and develop strategies to meet organizational goals.
- Special event and meeting preparations including correspondence, materials and venue arrangements.
- Assisting with all aspects of the nonprofit allocation process for the 2021/2022 funding year. This includes providing application assistance to agency representatives, assisting volunteers with the review process, and reviewing agency reports.
- Nurturing new and old relationships with collaborative partners.
Board and Volunteer Engagement:
- Supervising and facilitating Board and volunteers in fundraising activities.
- Leading volunteer recognition efforts and events.
Equal Employment Opportunity
United Way of Chatham County is an equal opportunity employer and applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status.